Beet Smoothie & Moody Blues Smoothie, photo by Hilary McMullen
Menu Day 4
- Breakfast: Moody Blues Smoothie or Beet Smoothie
- Lunch: leftover Basil Avocado Soup and tossed green salad with ½ cup black or pinto beans or 3 oz. sardines, and lots of raw veggies
- Dinner: Roast Chicken and Vegetables
- AM: mixed nuts, 1 handful (NO peanuts)
- PM: Very Cocoa Smoothie or shelled edamame, ½ cup
Very Cocoa Smoothie – serves 1
Think and creamy dairy-free almond cocoa coconut protein filled smoothie.
- 1 cup almond milk
- ¼ cup full fat canned coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp hemp seeds
Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until creamy.
Roast Chicken and Vegetables – serves 4
An easy dinner that provides protein, essential vitamins, and minerals.
- 3 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh thyme (or 1 Tbsp. dried)
- 1 tsp coarse salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
Whisk together in a small bowl and set aside.
Chicken and Vegetables:
- 4 Roma tomatoes, quartered lengthwise
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 small eggplant cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 medium onion, cut into 2 inch chunks
- 1 yellow or red pepper, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 8 chicken thighs, (bone and skin included)
Line a baking sheet or large cookie sheet with parchment paper or spray with oil. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Combine all vegetables in a large bowl and toss with 3 Tbsp of the marinade. Arrange vegetables in a single layer on one side of the prepared baking pan.
Toss the chicken with the remaining marinade mixture and arrange on the other end of the baking sheet. Season all to taste with salt and pepper. Roast in the preheated oven about 45 minutes or sooner if you think it looks done.
Substitute any vegetables you like!