Fish Taco Salad with Strawberry Salsa, photo by Hilary McMullen
Menu Day 3
- Breakfast: Berry Green Power Smoothie or ¾ cup overnight oats
- Lunch: leftover Lentil Quinoa Stew, a fresh orange or apple
- Dinner: Fish Taco Salad with Strawberry Avocado Salsa
- AM: leftover Raspberry Chia Pudding (1 serving)
- PM: hummus, ¼ cup and unlimited raw veggies
Fish Taco Salad with Strawberry Avocado Salsa – serves 4
Whoever thought of adding strawberries to salsa? This combination is yummy with the spicy arugula and creamy avocado.
- ½ avocado, diced
- 3 strawberries, hulled and diced
- ¼ cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small shallot, diced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp finely chopped peeled ginger
- 3 Tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
To make the salsa, combine all the salsa ingredients in a medium bowl, mixing until well-blended. Set aside.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 Tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 4 cups arugula
- 1 ½ lbs white fish, such as halibut, cod, or red snapper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
To make the salad, season fish fillets with salt and pepper. Grill over direct heat for 7-9 minutes, turning once. Fish should be opaque and flake easily.
While the fish is cooking, in a small bowl, whisk together the oil, honey, and lime juice. Put the arugula in a large bowl and toss with the vinaigrette.
To serve, pile 1 cup arugula salad on each plate and place a fish fillet on the salad. Top with a heaping spoonful of salsa.